Ever since the trailer dropped at The Game Awards in 2020, The Callisto Protocol has remained one of the most anticipated games we can't wait to get our hands on! With a scheduled release of December 2nd, 2022, we have had the itch to find out more behind the scenes (and minds) of the game's creators.
That said, what better way to explore the ins and outs of terror from The Callisto Protocol than locking down a whole docuseries and an exclusive panel around "Mastering Horror"?!
How to Watch
- What: 3-part horror docuseries
- Where: Right here on IGN.com
- When: The episodes will release at different times. The first two episodes are now available to watch below!
Part 1 – Mastering Horror: The Callisto Protocol Docuseries
- Ep 1 Brutality in Horror Cinema:
Oct 27. Watch Episode 1 Below!
- Ep 2 The Callisto Protocol: A Blueprint for Terror:
Nov 3. Watch Episode 2 Below:
- UPCOMING: Ep 3 The Callisto Protocol: Human & Helpless: Nov 10
Part 2 – The Callisto Protocol: Mastering Horror Roundtable
- What: Panel moderated by IGN's Daemon Hatfield, with Glen Schofield and other masters of horror
- Where: Streaming here on IGN and at the below channels
- When: The Roundtable Livestream will occur on Nov 17th
This special roundtable is centered around the concept of engineered horror in The Callisto Protocol, an upcoming survival-horror game from the mind of Glen Schofield.
In this panel moderated by IGN's Daemon Hatfield, Glen Schofield and other masters of horror will delve into how brutality, atmosphere, tension, helplessness, and humanity come together to create an experience that is greater than the sum of its parts. The discussion will end with the world premiere debut of a new trailer for The Callisto Protocol.
Where to Stream
You can catch these special streams at any of the below places:
Horror Fans Should Tune In Because….
If you're a horror game fanatic, you may wonder how the pros create and craft a truly horrifying experience and what goes on in their heads when they're making the game. (You might even go far as to wonder things like "are the creators of The Callisto Protocol okay? Why did their brains even go there?")
Well, you're in luck as those very same creators know how to make people jump, and they told us all about how they do it. Taken from their own professional experiences in creating amazingly scary content, take a dive into these horror masters' brains; from the design of it all to the strategy behind emotional triggers, you'll find out how the the horror crew unlocks true fear inside us all.
Plus, the docuseries includes big names from Horror entertainment such as:
- Glen Schofield
- Alec Gillis
- Newton Brothers
- Sean Cunningham
- Robert Kirkman
- Tom Savini
What went into the development, what is the fright light of their life, and what do other horror entertainment experts think makes a game truly scary? These are just some of the many thoughts and questions brought up in the docuseries as we take a journey into the (terrifying) minds of The Callisto Protocol creators.
- Episode one: What drives fear? From ripping monsters apart to creating disgusting, satisfying death scenes, go behind the scenes of the brutal gore that is horror.
- Episode two: The horror masters discuss the importance of atmosphere, mood, and building up suspense to ignite the emotional reaction for the player. What does atmosphere mean and how was it created for the game? Find out what makes people tick and how classic cinema influences scary games still today.
- Episode three: Expect discussions around what being human means in horror entertainment, including unlocking emotions of helplessness.
The Callisto Protocol Latest News
- Release date for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC is on December 2
- The Callisto Protocol’s Gross Mutations Make It More Than Just Dead Space 4
- Tech Behind the Game's Gory Details
More Recommended Reads: